Sunday, April 27, 2008

Life's Mission

Three related thoughts struck me during the past week and made me realize I've got to do some rethinking about my life here on earth.

From a sermon: we are God's inheritance and so we should live in a way worthy of Him. Psalm 33:12, "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people He chose for His inheritance." What sort of inheritance am I?

From a song: we should be a blessing to God. Have I been acting like a blessing?

From a Bible verse: As Jesus promises in Luke 6:38, "Give, and it shall be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, with be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." What measure am I using in my giving?

How sad, when I look at the witness I'm projecting. I realize that I don't mind having a visible Christian life, but my purpose is to be inoffensive. Just to show others that we Christians aren't so bad and actually can be normal, intelligent humans. That's not really witnessing at all -- it's apologizing for my faith.
Sigh!

No comments: